Madrix 5.6 Patch bug when deleting pixel

PLebegue

Madrix 5.6 Patch bug when deleting pixel

Post by PLebegue »

Hello,

I have an issue whit the patch and the DMX output.
I patch 8x16 rgbw DMX pixel, everything work as usual, artnet output and my light kit shine perfectly. But if i delete the 2 last row of 16 pixel... I have flick that look like an artnet/DMX multipatch. If I highlight one pixel I can see another one flicking on the same artnet universe.
The bug is on the full universe but more important on the 2 row of 16 pixel just down the rows I just delete. Like a DMX collision?
If I undo the delete action everything go back to normal.

I try to sneak whit artnetominator and I don't see any strange DMX activity after the delete action, nor in the DMX Watcher in madrix.

I never experienced this issue whit older version of madrix. And I often delete pixel from my patch.

I have also sometimes dmx parameters that don't go down to zero but stay at 3/255 DMX value. Even if my grandmaster on madrix is set to zero and I play empty cue. I already experienced this bug on a previous version one year ago. I have to fully delete and install madrix again but it's time costing cause I need to copy all my personalized folders.

Have you any suggestions?

Thanks
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Madrix 5.6 Patch bug when deleting pixel

Post by Schulze »

Hi PLebegue,

Could it be that the connected fixtures do not allow to receive a non-complete DMX universe, that means less than 512 channels?

What happens if you activate "Full Frames" in the MADRIX 5 Device Manager? Therefore please navigate to "Preferences" > "Device Manager..." > "DMX Devices", select all devices from the list and change the "Frame" setting to "Full" instead of "Optimized" (see screenshot).

Explanation:
- By default MADRIX 5 is only sending the patched amount of channels to the interface, e.g. if you only use 4 channels, it only sends those 4 channels. This is called "Optimized" output / Optimized Frames.
- On the other hand it is also possible to always send 512 channels, this is called "Full Frames".
Attachments
Full_Frames.png
Full_Frames.png (23.7 KiB) Viewed 2142 times
PLebegue

Post by PLebegue »

Hello,

Thanks for your help. I don't test the full frame mode in situ and now the setup is dismantled.
I don't think the problem was there, cause I was using Astera titan and I often use them whit madrix and I never experienced an error like this one. I Will double check the frame format and further setup. Thanks for the tip.
I do a full uninstall/install of madrix and try other setup at home. For the moment I don't have this issue anymore.
PLebegue

Post by PLebegue »

Hello,

I experienced again the issue where the rgb parameters of my pixel stay at 3/255 DMX output when sending full black.
I can see it on the DMX Watcher and artnetominator.
I use a generic rgb fixture, strating from a new show. Just working on the patch, grouping, and testing. No remote, no one on the network etc.
I try to reinstall madrix with no result.
I find a way to stop this bug by replacing my generic rgb by another 3 parameters fixture and switching again to the previous generic rgb.
I take a quick video screen record to show you the issue.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/919513 ... 601/df3a7b

Have you any clue from where and why madrix send this DMX value out of nowhere?

Thanks
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi PLebegue,

To further analyze the issue please send us the used MADRIX 5 setup and a logfile to info[at]madrix[dot]com.

To save the logfile please start MADRIX and select "Tools" > "Logfile...", click the button "Save As..." and enter a name for the logfile.

Thanks in advance!