Request for a New Feature: Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts

emorystamm

Request for a New Feature: Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by emorystamm »

I’ve been using Madrix for a while now and I’m really impressed with its capabilities. However, there’s one feature that I think could greatly improve the user experience: customizable keyboard shortcuts.

As a lighting designer, speed and efficiency are crucial. While the existing keyboard shortcuts in Madrix are helpful, the ability to customize these shortcuts would allow users to tailor the software to their specific workflow, potentially saving a lot of time and effort.

For instance, I frequently use the ‘Strobe’ and ‘Color Scroll’ effects in my designs. Having the ability to assign these effects to specific keys on my keyboard would make my workflow much smoother and more efficient.

I understand that implementing this feature might be complex, considering the variety of functions in Madrix and the potential for conflicts between shortcuts. However, I believe that with careful planning and user feedback, it could be a valuable addition to the software.

I’d love to hear what other users and the Madrix team think about this suggestion. Thank you for considering my request!
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Request for a New Feature: Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by Wissmann »

Dear emorystamm,

indeed, this requirement is not new to us and unfortunately not so easy to realize, as there is a concept to consider inputs directly when entering them into an edit control without having to double-click it and confirm the input with the Enter key.

We initially developed this concept (MADRIX Verison 1.0) with the aim of being able to edit quickly.
Unfortunately, this concept prevents the "simple" development of the function you requested.

We add a point to the corresponding ticket so that your request takes this ticket to a higher level.

What exactly do you want to control with the shortcut you mentioned?
The selection of an effect in the effect menu or the selection of a specific storage place?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)